Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Checking things off the list.


This 'list' has been a light of hope for me and a way of measuring how far I've come. I see it almost every day. I have already come such a long way, but I still have quite a ways to go. I wouldn't necessarily say these are things I can check off and walk away from, these are some things I have done and need to continue to do. I've been rediscovering who I am for awhile, and between going to the Temple, to Church, Institute, etc., I'm almost always in Holy Places. Heavenly Father and I do have a closer relationship; I've definitely felt Spiritual arms embrace me, more than once, during the many times I've been down on my knees pleading for guidance when I lost my way, sobbing when I couldn't endure anymore pain, or for some kind of light when I had given up all hope and felt forever lost in darkness from loneliness. I'm pretty sure he still shakes his head and facepalms when he watches me though, but I'm human, right? 
I know I should go to counseling, I'm just not sure why I am avoiding it. There are people I'd like to forgive and seek forgiveness from, but feelings in this area are not mutual, so I need to find closure through other means. I'm still angry and that is something that could also be worked through in counseling. It may also come in handy in the dating department, too. I've been on one date, but all that has done is break the ice; dating still makes me very uneasy. I need to learn to trust guys (for potential close/intimate relationships) again. Most guys are looking for someone to get serious with and all I'm looking for is 2 dates TOPS from the same person. Plus it seems like everyone around me is 18 - 23, and that's been hard to get used to. It's not my intentions, but I'm sure I'll hurt some hearts and some feelings along the way.... I just got out of a committed relationship, and I'm in no rush to get back into another one. 
The road to recovery from a trauma like divorce is long and hard; I'd like to think I'm doing OK. There are many roads before me and I just hope I find the path to happiness that is right for me. 
Hope things are well with you! I'm just now starting to get back on top of my finances, which have been a complete and utter nightmare.... *shudder*. I still enjoy my job, and I'm looking forward to July for many reasons! 

Don't be a stranger!



Enjoy your summer!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are doing AMAZINGLY! (Amazingly is a word, right?) Seriously, I am so impressed with how far you've come. And if you feel the need to go to counseling, do it! Seriously, counseling can be a remarkable tool.

    ReplyDelete